SHIPPING, HANDLING AND INSURANCE POLICY:
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar will happily arrange shipping on behalf of domestic and international customers. To help ensure that your wine reaches you in the best possible condition, Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar use quality packaging materials and ships with Australia Post.
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar has a three bottle limit for postage, and a flat rate charge of $20 for delivery anywhere in Australia. For any questions regarding our freight policies or to arrange freight for a larger quantity, please do not hesitate to contact us
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar will pack and prepare all wines for customer pickup free of charge at any time during our business hours. Delivery is available as per customer requirements.
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar will typically dispatch domestic deliveries once a week, on Monday or Tuesday to help avoid wine being stored in delivery depots over weekends.
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar use Australia Post wine packaging. The wines will be safe from normal handling and will maintain the wines free of light and assist with keeping the contents as cool as the environment temperature will allow.
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar strongly recommend insurance for the shipping of wines. Insurance will be offered as an option and charges separately identified on the invoice. Insurance covers for any loss or damage of the wines in transit, but not for quality in the bottle issues such as corked or faulty wines.
- Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar do not ship wine when the weather is forecast to be above 32 degrees Celsius in either Melbourne or the delivery City/State/Country for that week unless by arrangement. Wine affected by heat in transit is not covered by insurance.
- If you notice that you have received wrong or broken items, please notify us within 24 hours of receiving the goods either by telephone or email and we will arrange for a replacement or full refund.
- Many of Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar’s products are old or rare wines. In some cases, these wines can be past their peak drinking window and may be either unpleasant or undrinkable. Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar cellars wines which represent excellent condition examples of the wines in question in terms of their fill levels, labels and physical appearance. Pearl, Chablis and Oyster Bar accept no responsibility for a wine being unpleasant or undrinkable where it is considered possible that the wine is beyond its peak drinking window.
- International Customers (outside of Australia): Due to freight costs, tax regimes and customs practices, it is almost impossible for us to assess whether a bottle of wine is faulty within a reasonable period of time. Accordingly, we are unable to offer refunds or replacements on wine to International Customers. Please consider this risk carefully before making your purchase.
- The most common fault reported in wine is that of TCA (cork) taint. If you believe a wine is faulty, we can arrange a refund or replacement, as long as the bottle is returned within 7 days, and contains at least 70% of the offending wine. Our obligation also extends to wines wrongly described such as incorrect vintage or bottle size (for example).